Assignment Camp Policy
Philosophy: We want to increase the punctuality of assignment completion in order for students to stay current on class topics and improve their grades/learning.
Role of Assignment Camp Supervisor: To Assign and support students in completing assignments by engaging with them one-on-one and providing them tools to help them succeed.
All 7th-12th grade class students will be held to this policy.
If students do not have an assignment done for class, they will be required to stay after school that day or the next for homework camp. Students will attend homework camp until ALL missing assignments have been turned in to assigning teachers.
- Assignment Camp will be from 7:45 am to 8:05 am daily as needed by the teacher. Student and teacher can arrange for a student to come in earlier. Assignment Camp will not be assigned after school.
- Students who are assigned by more than one teacher to attend Assignment Camp will need to discuss with their assigning teachers how to resolve the scheduling conflict.
- The teacher assigning a student to Assignment Camp will be the teacher supervising.
- If a student assigned to Assignment Camp does not attend and has not made previous arrangements with their teacher, that student will serve a lunch detention in the white rooms in the high school office on the day they were assigned to Assignment Camp.
- If a student assigned to Assignment Camp is unable to attend due to illness, the parent should contact the school. If no contact is made and the student is absent from school, the school will call the parents no later than 10:00 am on the same school day to verify the student’s absence from school.
- In the event of a late start to the school day, students should report to homework camp at 9:45 am, if school is canceled, the student should report on the next day that school is in session unless communication between the teacher and student has resolved the need for attending.
- For every 3rd lunch detention the student receives during the school year, the student will receive 3 hours of Saturday School.
- Saturday School will not be held every week. Saturday school sessions are subject to supervisor availability and school building availability.
- If a student skips Saturday School, the student will be assigned 6 hours of detention that should be served by the end of the current school year.
- If the quality of the work the student is turning is not at the standard the student and teachers know that the student is capable of, the student may be required to report to homework camp even if the assignment is complete, to redo the assignment correctly. Simply filling in the blanks or putting down random answers is not acceptable or quality work.
- Only teachers assigning Assignment Camp can remove students from the attendance list. If the assigning teacher is absent, the office can remove a student from the list after verifying with the assigning teacher that assignment is completed.
- Teachers will utilize a shared Google doc of students who need to attend.